Updated: Aug 2, 2019
So your new years resolution has completely gotten lost with all of your busy schedules, stressful everyday chores and endless laundry? Well I'm here to tell that the "NewYearNewMe" mind set has just got a whole new meaning.
I am twenty seven, as of yesterday. One year older, one year wiser and another day to reflect about my past and realize that time will wait for nobody. Why not make a birthday resolution!? Resolutions shouldn't just be for the beginning of the year. They should come when you feel like you need change in your life. Starting my twenty seventh year off with some goals just seemed to be the cherry to an amazing birth-day. Lucky for me I have a summer birthday, I have one whole year to make and strive for some goals that I have come up with.
The closer thirty is creeping up on me, the more and more scared I get. Not scared of getting older, (Ok fifty percent of being old) but the other half is turning thirty and feeling like some goals haven't been met. I feel thirty years old is a milestone age, an age where I will officially be an adult. Where teenagers will look at me and I will just be "that thirty year old lady". I wanted to change that, I want to be the thirty year old lady who is happy with how hard she has worked, and be happy with my goal making!
I know, some of you might be thinking I'm crazy. 27 is still young, but hey, I've never been this age and doesn't everyone hate getting another year older? Don't they hate how fast and slow time seems to be all at the same time? Down below is going to me my goals before I'm 28...
1. Enter at least 1 art competition a month, whether it be online or in a small town.
2. Get my passport and make one trip out of country.
3. Learn how to gain followers on this blog.
4. Be more interesting on my blog. haha
5. Learn how to shrug things off that upset me, I need to learn that I am and will be wrong sometimes.
6. Keep up the exercising. 1 month down, just a reminder not to give up.
7. Enter a piece into an art gallery. 8. Make one good friend. If yall knew me, you would know making friends for me does not come naturally. I tend to just sit and be content being by myself. Not that its a bad thing but good friends can come and go so quickly, I feel like it would be good for me.
9. Wake up early, even on weekends and have some coffee plus Jesus time. (I so hope and pray I accomplish this)
10. Say yes to things, like going out with friends and not be a recluse at home.
I'm going to try to accomplish all ten of these things, I know its a bit long, but I don't think its out of my reach. Next year I hope I can be back on this blog telling yall how I slayed every one of these. So this new year of life really will be a brand new me, 27 here I am! Scared, nervous, not very refined and maybe just a little too naive still, but man, am I going to try to make it my best year yet!
Creative, Relevant Content.